Connect the dots, capture your prospects’ attention, and focus on “why” they absolutely need what you’re selling by really doing your homework and taking a market-segment-specific approach to sales.
Online, market-specific knowledge database
Segment GuidesTM is a licensed online database that provides energy professionals with the jargon, yardsticks, and sound bites they need to establish credibility with their prospects and customers. Connecting the dots between energy projects and non-utility-cost financial and non-financial benefits is an important dimension of this database. With Segment GuidesTM, energy professionals will find it easier to open a conversation, or revitalize a stalled one, with confidence.
Segments Currently Available:
- Bakery Goods & Snack Processing
- Biotechnology & Laboratories
- Commercial Real Estate
- Data Centers
Segments Currently Available:
- K-12 Schools
- Large Assembly
- Meat & Poultry Processing
- Parking Garages/Lots
Segments Currently Available:
- Senior Living
- Service Retail
- Warehouses & Cold Storage
- Water Distribution/ Wastewater Treatment
Segments Coming Soon:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Small/Medium Sized Businesses
Segment GuidesTM is now being updated with segment-specific implications of the COVID-19 pandemic and the recession.
- What segments are most disadvantaged by COVID -19 and economic downturn?
- What segments are doing well?
- Who might have have greater access to low-cost capital?
- Who might have dollars earmarked for expansion that could be re-applied to expense-reducing CapEx?
- How could proposals be reframed to resonate with what your prospects care about most today?
This powerful online resource empowers energy professionals to transform their sales approach!
Focusing on the most promising prospects and presenting those targets with the most compelling value propositions are two hallmarks of sales professionalism.
Imagine how many more prospects would say “Yes!” if you had industry-insider knowledge that would connect the dots between your proposal and the yardsticks and outcomes they cared about. Whether you’re selling your solution to a grocery store, hotel, hospital, or any of the many other segments featured in Segment Guides™, you’ll have the intel, business acumen, and confidence you need to get into the mindset of your prospect. You’ll be able to reframe your proposal’s benefits to resonate with the yardsticks your prospects are already using to measure their own success. And given how the pandemic and recession are currently impacting various segments very differently, you might realize that your most promising prospects now hail from segments that you haven’t yet pursued!
Energy Sales Professionals know that instead of talking about kW, kWh, or therms, they need to talk about three key categories of benefits: utility-cost financial, non-utility-cost financial, and non-financial. Unfortunately, most salespeople in the energy space focus on utility-cost savings alone. Taking the time to quantify and monetize non-utility-cost financial benefits and/or identify emotionally compelling non-financial benefits at a segment-specific level allows you to advance a value proposition that is much more compelling than utility cost savings alone.
Which would you rather talk to your prospect about – $10,000 in utility bill savings or $100,000 in lower cost of goods sold thanks to the more productive workplace that your energy upgrade makes possible?
Segment Guides™ is the product of several hundred hours of research per segment leveraging industry, government and academic sources. It also incorporates hundreds of insights and anecdotes gleaned from coaching thousands of energy professionals how to sell their solutions more effectively.
Each Segment Guide™ includes the following sections: the role of energy, jargon and yardsticks, typical revenues and margins, trade organizations and publications, sound bites that connect the dots between energy solutions and segment-specific non-utility-cost financial and non-financial benefits, and citations for each of those sound bites.
Moreover, Segment Guides™ is continually updated in three dimensions: 1) updated trends, financials, and sound bites related to each existing segment; 2) new market segments; and, 3) segment-specific impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and the recession.
Since Segment Guides™ is licensed on a single-user, full-year basis, any and all updates that are added throughout the yearlong license term automatically appear the next time a user logs in.
Register here and you will receive two added bonuses:
- 45-minute online, on-demand course Introduction to Selling Efficiency with Segment-Specific Insights
- Digits-to-Widgets downloadable worksheet and sales script
Trusted by energy professionals & utilities across North America.
My entire sales and sales support team took this training. I saw positive results before the end of Week 1. We closed multiple sales quickly -- sales opportunities that had been lingering up to that point. Worth every penny.
Every seller of energy efficiency needs this type of training! Very rare to find this caliber of training talent in our industry.
All businesses want more business and this information helps companies land more work. I've attended ~20 SDG&E seminars and this has by far been the most useful.
Best course I have taken in a decade! Mark was stellar - clear, precise and easy to understand! Mark is an awesome teacher and coach. Proven procedures with great stories and humor too!
Schedule a free strategy session with Mark Jewell
Schedule your free strategy session with Mark Jewell, Co-founder of Selling Energy and the person who has taught more than 11,000 people (so far!) how to sell energy-related offerings.
- Explore how organizations similar to yours are already using Selling Energy’s sales training to advance their goals.
- Experience a live demo of these training tools and see options for private-labeling the training for your audience.
- Discuss best practices for deploying the training including how to maximize participation, verify engagement with the help of weekly viewing reports, and recapture unviewed licenses so they can be redeployed to others.
- Share various details with us on audience composition, headcount, and any desired customization of content so we can produce a one-page proposal for you to circulate internally for approval.
Once you submit the form, you’ll be able to access Mark’s calendar directly and pick a mutually convenient day and time to chat.